The start of a new year can mark a time of growth and change for companies. Everchanging market trends, service needs, higher costs – these are all drivers that can trigger a shift in transportation needs.
What’s the first step to a better transportation solution for your company? A well-executed transportation RFP process. In the December issue of Inbound Logistics, I shared five strategies to consider when conducting a transportation RFP.
- Determine your goals. Make sure every party involved is on the same page.
- Consider your timing. Make sure to take rate fluctuation into consideration.
- Define the execution. Establish a baseline metric that will determine the success of your bid.
- Gather necessary data. Having all the pertinent information from the start will make the process run smoothly and efficiently.
- Scrutinize your invite list. Make sure the carriers being chosen are reliable as they will carry your reputation as a vendor.
Get more detail on the five strategies to consider when conducting a transportation RFP here, or pick up the latest issue of Inbound Logistics. Ready to take the first step to a better transportation program for your company? Let us know how we can help.
James Hancock is the Director of Sales at Veritiv Logistics Solutions. At VLS, supply chain logistics and transportation is what we do. It is our passion. Every day, Veritiv™ employees rally together to deliver on our customer commitments – from basic transportation services to the most complex logistics challenge. Give us goals – we’ll exceed them. Learn more at veritivcorp.com/transportation.