IMPORTANT UPDATE – USPS Exigent Rate Rollback
The Mailers Technical Advisory Committee (MTAC) has just released this information from the U.S Postal Service regarding the ongoing Exigency situation:
- In the absence of Congressional or Court action to make the existing exigent surcharge for Market Dominant Services part of the rate base, or to otherwise extend it, the USPS anticipates that it will be required to deploy a price change release in April of 2016.
- The Postal Service intends to publish price files and postage statements this Friday, February 5, 2016 on Postal Explorer http://pe.usps.gov/default_html.asp
- As yet, there is no official date for the prices to change until revenue calculations are finalized.
- The USPS will be submitting their next exigency surcharge report on February 16, 2016.
- The USPS will file with the PRC at least 45 days prior to the roll back date.
The USPS intends to officially release a blanket statement tomorrow.